Cleanses are a low calorie, daily liquid detox, consisting of cold pressed vegetable and fruit juices and water. Juice cleansing is not about starving the body. It is about bringing back balance and awareness to act as a springboard into a better sustained diet and a more balanced state of being.
Are you looking to kick-start a healthy and balanced life-style or to re-set the system and start fresh? If you’re an athlete striving for optimal conditioning or you’ve been feeling run down, low on energy, have trouble sleeping, moodiness, easily irritated, foggy brain function, sugar or caffeine cravings, poor digestion, problem skin, frequent flu/allergy symptoms, or unexplained weight gain then a cleanse may be for you!
Thanks to the build up of toxins in our bodies from bad food choices, stress and chemicals in our environment, we don’t always feel our best. Cleansing is the perfect way to give our bodies the essential break they need allowing it to rid itself of toxins easily and safely whilst flooding it with live nutrients and enzymes.
The compounds in cold pressed juice have been shown to:
• Help reduce oxidative stress
• Provide antioxidants and various phytonutrients that support healthy hormone levels, guard against cell damage and support natural bodily functions
• Strengthen the immune system by replenishing depleted micro-nutrients and supporting a healthy metabolism
• Aid healthy circulation by providing hydration, natural anti-inflammatory compounds and increases in oxygen supply
• Aid recovery of lean body tissue by providing trace minerals
• Positively assist balanced hormone levels through herbal compounds
• Promote a more relaxed state of mind that increases the body’s capacity to recover and replenish
Some commonly reported benefits from completing a cold pressed juice cleanse are:
• Greater awareness of diet and desire to continue a healthy lifestyle
• Less reliance on sugars and caffeine
• Improved skin and sleep quality
• Increased positive energy and clarity of thinking
• Faster physical recovery and strengthened immune system
• Weight loss
Every cleanse will be a completely unique and individual experience – the body will do what it needs to do at that moment, in order to restore balance and essential life energy. Try a cold press juice cleanse today, and see what happens.
There are many types of cleanses on the market today, such as; lemon detox, tea detox, coffee detox, shake replacements, liver detox, water fasts etc. The key benefit of completing a cold pressed juice cleanse is that it provides the body with the purest form of raw nutrients, minerals and living enzymes to promote the body’s natural detoxification and recovery process.
Our bodies expend huge amounts of energy constantly digesting complex foods.
When we stop eating solids for a few days, our body can turn its attention away from breaking down these solids and instead, use the energy to re direct blood and oxygen to the brain, liver and other key organs.
In addition, this fasting causes our body to move from the sympathetic nervous system to the parasympathetic nervous system, where it can begin to detoxify and heal.
Anyone looking for a full-body reboot and to create a springboard for a more balanced lifestyle.*
Our recommended cold pressed juice recipes are quick, convenient and delicious - giving your body the hit of goodness it needs, restoring your body to a happy, balanced and rejuvenated state.
*Please note cleanses are not advised for those who are pregnant, breastfeeding or on medication. Please seek medical advice before starting a cleanse should you have a medical condition.
DISCLAIMER: At THE ANGEL JUICER, we recommend that you consult a healthcare professional before starting a cleanse as each individual has differing levels of health requirements. Disclaimer: THE ANGEL JUICER does not recommend a cleanse program to be undertaken by people under the age of 18 years.
WARNING: Juices are to be consumed within 72 hours of creation. All juices should be kept refrigerated below 4 degrees Celsius and are 100% raw and therefore may contain harmful bacteria that can cause illness.
Prior to commencing a cleanse program we suggest that some preparation be undertaken. Whilst not mandatory, this preparation will ease the transition into the cleanse and maximise the benefits/nutritional absorption of the juice.
Try to complete the cleanse program in a ‘clean’ environment. Attempt to remove as many temptations from your environment as possible (i.e. try to clear out the cupboard and fridge of all ‘unhealthy’ snacks and drinks).
In the days prior to commencement try to drink plenty of water each day and ideally consume meals that consist largely of fresh ingredients such as vegetables, fruits, legumes (beans, lentils and chickpeas), salads and soups.
It is suggested that the following dietary elements are gradually reduced and/or eliminated where possible:
• Processed foods
• Preservatives, artificial colouring/sweeteners and food dyes
• Refined sugar
• Refined carbohydrates
• Convenience foods
• Soft drink/Fruit Juices
• Sports bars/Gels/Energy drinks
• Frozen foods
• Non-prescription drugs
Upon completing a cleanse, solid food should be re-introduced into your digestive system slowly. This process should be done slowly in order to provide your body with the best possible opportunity to absorb the food. Some recommendations are as follows for the days following the cleanse (1-2 days):
• Reduce your portion sizes at meal times as to avoid over consumption
• Attempt to eat slower than you normally would - take time to appreciate the food
• It is important is to eat regularly (don’t skip meals) to retain your metabolism
• Drink water regularly to maintain your fluid intake – it is recommended that at least 2.5L of water is consumed in the following two days